Missing Thanksgiving


Like the "did you turn me off?" sign on the oven, specifically for Jack :)?



I rounded up some old Thanksgiving photos as I'm missing my family's celebration today.  Luckily I got to call them and say "hi" to everyone.  Thanksgiving has always been one of my favorite holidays and this is the first one I've ever missed.  But, I'll be home in 3 weeks for Christmas which feels SO close! 

I guess I missed the annual "What are you thankful for?" round robin at the table, so I've been thinking about this all day.  Being away from home makes me thankful for just about everything: friends, family, Adam, my car, my house, clean air and wide open green spaces, having an oven, being able to eavesdrop....  

However, I have a lot to be thankful for right now.  This trip has fulfilled (and will continue to full fill) all my hopes when I took the job: being able to travel, save money, experience a different culture, grow as a teacher, make new professional connections and get in touch with my independence!  I am thankful for this opportunity and don't regret it for a second.   Even though it can be lonely, the job is a little weird and time seems to be going way too slowly, I know I will look back at this year fondly. 

1 comment:

  1. Good memories. We miss you too, lots. It won't be long till we see you again.

    ReplyDelete