Millersylvania State Park (wedding spot)



















I was finally able to take a tour of Millersylvania State Park Environmental Learning Center yesterday!  It took 8 phone calls (I called all summer) before I finally got on the damn calendar for a tour.  My parents were able to come down as well and we saw lots of potential!  Getting excited to start planning our wedding!  It has 18 cabins, canoes, a barn, capacity for 150, a baseball field, volleyball, tether ball and horseshoes!  It's going to be just like summer camp!

Read more here about planning a wedding at Millersylvania State Park.

6 comments:

  1. This is really a perfect place to say "I DO". Really like the atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I am loving this and in fact I am super interested in getting married here this coming may! I actually have a question for you, how big were the dinning hall areas? When I called in they said they have a max capacity for 50 people, but the photos you have shown appear to be different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's strange- the max capacity is 150. We had a great time getting married there- have you reserved it yet? Getting a weekend booked was the most stressful part- but maybe May won't be as competitive as the summer months. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking to have my wedding here in 2 years, but working with a max budget of 8,000-10,000. Do you think that is doable? Did your guests have to pay for their stay or was that included in your total cost?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I think it is doable. Guests did not have to pay to stay the night. Check out my page http://adifferentkindofrain.blogspot.com/p/how-to-throw-wedding-at-millersylvania.html for more information about costs and logistics. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your response Beth. We are going to take a tour soon. I have one more question... does the actual barn have lighting? I read your page and it had great information. It helped out a lot. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete