Beach Clean Up






sound mapping






Angela and I planned a field trip to the beach to clean garbage today as a way to end our month of environmental awareness with the kids.   The garbage clean up was NOT a hit.  (Basically Angela and I cleaned up garbage while the kids found shells and sea glass and watched us).  I guess we forgot how not fun picking up garbage is.... especially in Hong Kong where we barely even made a dent in the amount of garbage at the beach!  However, I pulled out some of my old environmental education activities from back when I worked at camp- which were better received!
It's Friday and I'm thankful that I made it through a long week!

I just got home from seeing The Hunger Games.  I finished the book last week and thought the movie did it pretty good justice.  Better than I was expecting.

2 comments:

  1. what happened to omkar's face?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a temporary tattoo. He went to a rugby match and came back with a tattoo that says "coca cola" on his face! It's been there all week.

    ReplyDelete