Being boys



Hours of entertainment trying to light stuff on fire.  And yes, I had to make a rule not to burn any insects.  These boys can't get enough of the magnifying glasses.
Another thing I'm going to miss about Hong Kong is our lunches at work.  We are so so so spoiled with amazing Indian and Japanese food every day.  And it's all organic/non-processed/home made and fresh food.  With lots of vegetables.  And every day after lunch fresh fruit is set out as dessert along with coffee.  Today I stuffed myself on Indian flat bread, thinly sliced fried beef, corn and home-made paneer cheese.  The boys have NO idea how lucky they are.  It is so foreign to me to have domestic helpers living in your house, preparing all your food, serving you and cleaning up afterwards.  The whole thing bothers me to no end, but all I can do is be thankful and openly appreciative and model being respectful and appreciate for the kids.  Domestic helpers is part of the culture of the affluent of Hong Kong and while I am here, I can only respect and observe the culture of this place.  And they sure can cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment