Happy Thanksgiving


Everyday we have TONS of choices at lunch.  It's amazing....


Delicious "spinach parantha" (spelling?) which is home made Indian flat bread.  So good!



Ahh!  Agedashi Tofu!  This stuff is amazingly good, it is deep fried tofu in a soupy-sauce.  LOVE IT.  The boys go crazy for this stuff, they fight over how many pieces they get and make a big deal out of it.  The first time it was served, I wondered why the boys made such a big deal out of it, it was ok...  But then you eat it a few times and it becomes CRACK.  Suddenly I'm aware of how many pieces everyone took because I want MORE.  It's so good!  Agedashi tofu days are good days- we only get it about once a week.  Today was a good day!



Check out the warm weather we are still having!  I could have gone swimming today!
 As you can see from the grocery store, some people celebrate Thanksgiving here. 

I have a never-ending appreciation for the "Helpers" employed at the Varmas.  They make us delicious food every day for lunch.   Everything is made from scratch and it's all healthy and amazing!  There is always a lot of variety and at the end of each meal they bring out cut up fresh fruit and ask if we want coffee.  They are really wonderful women and lunch time is definitely a favorite time of the day.   Also, I've been getting really good at my chopsticks!  AND I've been eating yogurt!  (But only to help cut some of the spice) My spice tolerance has gone way up too!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I really enjoyed the lunch photos and the grocery store photo. It makes your experience there more real to me, somehow.

    ReplyDelete